The GoPro Hero6 Black’s specs are looking impressive with resolutions 4K at 60fps, 2.7K at 120fps and 1080p at 240fps, all now fully confirmed, to whoops and cheers from the audience.
Video recording at 4K at 60fps was largely expected, but the 1080p at 240fps capability is an interesting addition. Being able to record video at such fast frame rates will afford users the opportunity to create ultra slow-motion videos.
GOPRO HERO6 SPECS
- GoPro’s Custom-Designed GP1 Processor
- 4K60 and 1080p240 Video
- QuikStories Enabled, GoPro App Compatible
- Most Advanced Stabilization of any HERO camera
- Touch Zoom
- 3x Faster Offload Speeds via 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Waterproof to 33 Feet (10m)
- Compatible with Karma and Existing GoPro Mounts
- Improved Dynamic Range and Low-Light Performance
- RAW and HDR Photo Modes
- Voice Control in 10 Languages
- GPS, Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- WiFi + Bluetooth
A big jump to 4K at 60fps, ‘gimbal-like’ stabilisation and GoPro’s own GP1 processor are the key specifications making their introduction in the Hero6 Black. The GP1 processor, in particular, is what GoPro says makes these big resolutions and frame rates possible.
Developed from the ground up by the company itself, GoPro says the GP1 enables the Hero6 Black to achieve twice the video frame rates, improved image quality, dynamic range, low-light performance and dramatically improved video stabilization over its prior Hero camera.
What’s more, GoPro says its GP1 processor automates all of these benefits, aiding the camera’s simplicity of use. GoPro says the GP1 processor also allows the Hero6 Black to better analyze scenes and sensor data for improved automated QuikStories.
QuickCapture lets you power the camera on and start recording automatically with the press of a single button, so you’re always when to capture the action.
- Video Trimming
- A built-in video trimming function lets you create and save short highlight clips from your videos right on your camera and share them using the GoPro App. You can also transfer them to your computer and edit together all of your best footage for epic highlight reels.
- HiLight Tag
- HiLight Tag lets you mark key moments during recording and playback so you can quickly find them later for editing or sharing using the GoPro App or GoPro Studio.
- Auto Low Light
- Automatically adjusts the frame rate for optimal performance under low-light conditions, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
- Built-In Microphone
- The camera can record audio internally using its built-in microphone. The included Skeleton Backdoor enables enhanced audio capture during low-speed activities.
- GoPro Studio Software
- Use the freely available GoPro Studio software to import and view your GoPro media on your computer and create your own highlight reels to share on popular social media sites.
- Additional Features
- Compatible with most GoPro mounts
- Loop recording
- Built-in speaker for on-camera video playback
- Built-in battery lasts approximately 2 hours and is rechargeable via USB
- Supports microSD Class 10 or UHS-I cards up to 64GB
- Weighs just 4.5 oz